Late Night Call Leads to Internet Marketing Heaven!
Getting a call at 9:15 on a Sunday evening is not a cause for celebration. Its usually:
- A wrong number
- Somebody in trouble
- Somebody wanting to know why I haven’t renewed my support for their organization
So when the phone rang late Sunday a couple weeks ago, I began taking wagers in my own mind as to which one it was.
Lucky for me, I was wrong on all counts and instead received confirmation that if you’re persistent, hang around the right people and live long enough, the darndest things can happen.
In this case, it was an invitation to be a fly on the wall at a workshop conducted by one of my Internet Marketing idols, that normally would have run me a couple grand.
And it didn’t cost me a dime.
First let me say, I’ve been a fan of Alexandria Brown for years. But it didn’t start out that way. When I first heard of her, it was fashionable in coaching circles to call yourself the ‘king’ or ‘queen’ of whatever your niche was.
But someone calling themselves THE EZINE QUEEN was taking it a bit too far. I snickered to myself, and went to her website, expecting a good laugh.
What I got instead was my come-uppance. It was well organized. Well written. The sales page for her one product at that time, the now famous “Boost Business with Your Own Ezine” was incredibly well organized, with highlights of not only what you’d find inside but on WHAT PAGE YOU’D FIND IT.
“Boost Business” became the first eBook I ever purchased online. And its been largely responsible for the success and writing style of my own ezine, and the success of my recent marketing efforts.
So when the caller asked me if I would like to ‘assist’ at her 3-day Online Success Blueprint Workshop – that I would basically be able to attend for free, if I’d be willing to simply run a microphone around to participants and bring Ali water when she needed it, I jumped at the chance. It also gave me the chance to listen to a few of her co-presenters, Lorrie Morgan-Ferraro of Red Hot Copy and John Rooney of Accelerate Online.
Of course, a bit more was involved than simply mic running. I worked my you-know-what off, and gave my knee cartilage a major workout.
However, it was a fantastic experience, gave me some great ideas (as usually happens at these shindigs), and got to hang out with Ali. Oh and one other thing . . .





