Thursday, July 07, 2005

A Moving Experience!


Porting Your Business AND Your Residence at the Same Time is a Mouthful!


Wow, I’m finally into my new place and slowly but surely getting my feet back on the ground.

In case that means nothing to you, I’ve been in the midst of a move. My first move since I’ve started my own business and been working from home.

And I gotta tell you, moving your home AND your business at the same time is pretty nerve-wracking!


As you can see, I’m not quite there yet, but this is just one of the many balls I’m juggling. And like the rest of life, the Universe keeps playing its whimsical little tricks.

Example:

Due to a lack of parking, we had to park the moving truck in red zones both at my old residence and the place I was moving to. And of course, I didn’t get a ticket.

But my friend (who parked his truck legally) did get a ticket.

Can’t quite figure that one out, but its quite a process. I’m using the opportunity to clear out / reorganize my stuff.

And I’ve included a picture of how my dining room looks!

Egad!

I’ve also learned quite a bit about business from the move, which I’ll be sharing with you in the months ahead.

I’m sure its all for the better – aside from a tight parking situation, it’s a nice neighborhood and I’ve got a ton more space to grow my business.