Tuesday, March 18, 2008

We Are Moving to Wordpress!

Catch our new look & our new location
At BlockbusterMultimedia.com

The rumors are true. The moving vans have pulled up . . . and the ol' Blogbuster Audio and Video Blog is moving!

We won’t be going away . . . we’re just headed over to Wordpress (finally!) to leverage the traffic advantages of Wordpress and prep for all the great things we have planned . . .

You can check out our new look (and location) at BlockbusterMultimedia.com.

If you’re currently subscribed to our RSS feed, we’re going to make this as seamless as possible. You should continue receiving our great info. If you find any interruption in your RSS from the blog, over the next month or so, just drop me a note. . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's huge-just one question.
Why did you choose WordPress and Andy went to TypePad at MT? I have a MT site and- well, let's just say, it's been a problem since day one.
Considering WP and would love your view.

Rob Schultz said...

Hi Fern:

I switched to Wordpress (instead of TypePad or Moveable Type) for several reasons:

1. Its free.
2. Have heard great things about it from multiple sources.
3. Have also heard Google loves it.

It does take a bit of getting used to as does any new application. But I am looking forward to increased traffic, the use of cool widgets and plug-ins and a host of terrific templates (in WordPress they are called themes) that are available for free and for very low cost.

FYI: The day after I made the switch the number of folks getting my RSS feed doubled. If I was a blogging traffic expert I could probably tell you why. But its a side effect I can live with.